Terms and Conditions
(www Abridged verison)
- Products remain the property of North Yorkshire Windows Limited until they are paid for in full. Payment for the products will be required before installation takes place.
PAYMENT TERMS - Private Customers
Supply & Install
- A down payment of 50% of the estimation is required to proceed. Invoices will be amended once the survey and final requirements have been confirmed.
- The product balance is due when the products arrive at North Yorkshire Windows Ltd.
- Installation is payable on the last day of the agreed installation. Should there be an outstanding issue you will be advised that a proportion of the total required, which will be discussed and agreed with you, can be held back until we have rectified the issue.
- When you receive the confirmed price we would hope that you would wish to proceed but you will still have the right to cancel your order if you wish. However, for orders of up to 8 products we would retain £50 from the deposit, and for orders of more than 8 products £75 would be retained as a survey and administration fee.
- The final balance must be settled within 30 days of installation. We reserve the right to charge 3% interest per month or part thereof for late payments.
- Guarantees and FENSA Certification will be forwarded once the installation is totally completed, has been registered and the final payment has been received.
PAYMENT TERMS - Supply Only
- You and your installer are responsible for providing the accurate measurements and specification detail at the point of order.
- You must complete your own survey.
- Mistakes may incur extra charges if the products are already in the manufacturing programme if amendments are requested.
- 50% of the estimation is required to proceed.
- When you receive the confirmed price you have the right to cancel your order but, if the order was between £500.00 and £1250, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £50. If the order was for more than £1250 the fee would be 5% of the total price.
- The balance payment will be due one week before pre-arranged delivery to site or upon collection from Birchwood Farm, Cross Lane, Flaxton Moor, York, YORK YO60 7QZ.
The products we use come with manufacturer’s guarantees. You will be sent/informed about the guarantees when you request an estimation.
When North Yorkshire Windows install your products you will also receive our 10 year Installation Guarantee.
INSURANCE AND CERTIFICATION
For installations of windows and doors, by North Yorkshire Windows, which are more than 50% glass we will automatically provide an Insurance Backed Guarantee from the GGFi and will register the installation with FENSA.
For non Fensa Products, (less than 50% glass) you can ask us to provide a quote for a 10 year Insurance Backed Guarantee. It will be up to you if you wish to take the insurance or not.
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SERVICES OR THE PRODUCT
In the event that there is any defect with the Services or Product:
(A) Please contact NY Windows and tell Us as soon as reasonably possible;
(B) Please give NY Windows a reasonable opportunity to repair or fix any defect; and
(C) We will make every effort to repair or fix the defect as soon as reasonably practicable.
You will not have to pay for Us to repair or fix a genuine defect with the Services or Product however, if we are called out to your property and there is no defect with the Services or Product we reserve the right to charge a reasonable call out fee. We will provide information about those charges before we attend your property.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Services not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the materials We use are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local 'Citizens’ Advice Bureau' or 'Trading Standards' office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.